Management Service Sample Readme
This sample illustrates how to use the ACS Management Service. It consists of a single Visual Studio 2010 solution and six projects. One project (Common) contains a helper type that simplifies working
with the Management Service. The other projects demonstrate how to work different types of ACS entities. The code for this sample is in the
ManagementService folder of the
ACS 2.0 Samples package.
To run this sample, you will need to:
- An account at
http://windows.azure.com and a create an Access Control Service namespace.
- Visual Studio 2010 (any version)
for more details. Note that it may be beneficial to walkthrough the Getting Started
sample before running this sample.
Running the Sample
Open a browser and navigate to http://windows.azure.com and sign in. From there, navigate
to the Service Bus, Access Control, and Caching section to configure your ACS service namespace. Once you have created a namespace, select it and click
Manage > Access Control Service at the top of the page. This should launch the following page in a new window:
2. Click the
Management Service link, and then click on the default ManagementClient account. There you will see a set of credentials that can be used for accessing the Management Service. In this sample, we will use the
3. To view and copy the password, click Password in the credential list.
4. Copy the password into your clipboard.
5. If you haven't done so already, open the sample in Visual Studio.
6. In the
Common project, open the SamplesConfiguration.cs file and locate the following lines of code:
public const string ServiceNamespace = "...Copy Service Namespace...";
public const string ManagementServiceIdentityKey = "...Copy Management Service Password...";
7. Update the value of the ServiceNamespace field with your Service Namespace.
8. Update the value of the
ManagementServiceIdentityKey field with the value in your clipboard.
9. Build the solution.
10. With the ManagementServiceHelper configured, you can start any of the other projects. Each of the project will output results to the Console.